Monday, March 8, 2010

Blog 8 Austin Frink

After creating a form, I returned to the main page. I then wanted to edit my form. Neglecting to see the "edit" button underneath, I clicked on the name of the form. I was then presented with the finished form as if I were to fill it out. I entered random letters in for each field and submitted the form. After a confirmation message was displayed, I returned to the home page. I then pressed edit. I proceeded to delete the existing name fields. When I pressed delete, a nice little detection device revealed itself as the following message:

Are you sure you want to delete this field?

Deleting a field means that all data collected by the field will be deleted immediately. Because this action cannot be undone, you might want to consider exporting your data first. When you're ready to delete, let us know.

Yes, I am sure or Cancel.

Honestly at this point I was unaware that I had any data. But I know now.

The next error message that I came accross was a poka-yoke that totally turned error into opportunity.

Payment Integration is a Paid Feature
Wufoo's Payment Integration is only available to $29.95/month Bona Fide plans and higher, however, you're welcome to take this feature for a test drive for 5 transactions. Once your account is payment enabled, you'll be able to collect donations, registrations and simple orders through PayPal, Google Checkout and Authorize.net.
Test drive it or Learn More or Cancel

This was displayed after I clicked on Payment Integration on the payment settings.

All of the error messages that I saw after doing something wrong, or trying to do something I was not allowed to do with my trial version features, were Document-modal. They all prevented me from doing anything else within my current document. Looks like Wufoo needs to get some new designers in there to clean up their act by making their application Modeless, Robert Hoekman would say. How rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment