Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cory Worland: Blog 8

Poka-yoke:
The first thing I noticed when I clicked on the multiple choice form, was the subtitle “This is my form. Please fill it out. It's awesome!”. I feel like this is a good form of error prevention because it gives you a little hint on what you can write for the subtitle and shows that you should have some instructions on filling out the form.

Ditch anything modal:
I noticed the same thing as Cait, if you try to do anything whether it be deleting fields or clicking on a link that would change the page, a warning message pops up saying that you haven’t saved your work and any unsaved data will be lost if you continue. They make it a type of application-modal and you can’t do anything unless you click ok or cancel which is a good thing because you wouldn’t want to lose all of the work that you did if you haven’t saved it.

Write helpful error messages:
The above mentioned error message is a very helpful error message.

Create forgiving software:
I suppose this software is forgiving by allowing the user to move the different pieces of the form around without overlapping or covering something up.

No comments:

Post a Comment