Monday, March 8, 2010

Nick Swan (Blog 8)

When I first created my Wufoo account I thought it looked a little complicated but as I started to use it things became a lot easier. One of the first thing I noticed on the site was that If you try to navigate off the page or if you accidentally click one of the navigation links, a message is displayed saying the following:

"Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?

YOU HAVEN'T SAVED YET AND
YOU'LL BE ABANDONING YOUR CHANGES.

Press OK to continue, or Cancel to stay on the current page"

When this message is up the only options that are available on the page are to click OK or Cancel. In my opinion, I this is a good example of poka-yoke because it prevents errors from ever occurring and notifies the user of the mistake they made so they don't lose all of their data.
This is also an example of wriing helpful error messages since it clearly states what the error is that was made and how the user can easily resolve it.

- Nick Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment