By now you should have read Chapter 1 of the book Designing the Obvious. The author, Robert Hoekman, Jr., describes what makes an obvious design (see page 7).
Using these criteria, find a web site, or a part of a web site, that you might consider to be obvious design. Your task is this:
- In your blog post, provide a link to the site and direct our attention to the aspect that you might consider to be obvious design.
- Explain why it’s obvious design.
It is a funny story why this website was the one I chose. My girlfriend is far from being a computer geek and she is all about simplicity when it comes to programs and websites. So, I got on her computer and checked out her website history and this was the first one on the list. Probably the most obvious thing that this site has done is include a simple menu. BUT, what really stood out was the "Aver's Pizza Options" on the top right hand of the screen. They made a simple table that is easy to read and is not cluttered with lots of paragraph after paragraph of information to explain a simple concept.
The reason it is such a simple design is because I can see and compare prices all next to each other, but I am not overloaded with options, things to click on, or excessive amounts of information. It is exactly what I need and nothing more to find out what kind of pizza I want to get.
No comments:
Post a Comment