Hey everyone! My name is Elaine Fath and I’m a sophomore majoring in Informatics with a Fine Arts Cognate. I grew up in Indianapolis but moved to B-town a few years before college, which makes me a townie (but just barely, my house is about 40 minutes south of campus). A couple of facts about me: I’m on the Alpha Gamma Delta Little 500 team, usher for the IU auditorium, (try to) play guitar and am involved with the St. Paul student life team. I like comedies more than action movies or chick flicks, video games more than I’d like to admit, and warm weather more than whatever ice/rain monstrosity is going on outside right now . I guess what worries me most about this class is that Informatics courses are generally full of people who’ve been teaching themselves web design and programming all the way through high school, or even earlier. This kind of learning curve has been intimidating, but I’ve been okay so far. The new idea that I took away from the last class is that companies spend time engineering down to single ketchup packets and pop tabs, which is pretty mind-blowing if you think about it. Anyway, this is probably the class I’m most excited about this semester and can’t wait to get to know all of you.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Elaine Fath
Hey everyone! My name is Elaine Fath and I’m a sophomore majoring in Informatics with a Fine Arts Cognate. I grew up in Indianapolis but moved to B-town a few years before college, which makes me a townie (but just barely, my house is about 40 minutes south of campus). A couple of facts about me: I’m on the Alpha Gamma Delta Little 500 team, usher for the IU auditorium, (try to) play guitar and am involved with the St. Paul student life team. I like comedies more than action movies or chick flicks, video games more than I’d like to admit, and warm weather more than whatever ice/rain monstrosity is going on outside right now . I guess what worries me most about this class is that Informatics courses are generally full of people who’ve been teaching themselves web design and programming all the way through high school, or even earlier. This kind of learning curve has been intimidating, but I’ve been okay so far. The new idea that I took away from the last class is that companies spend time engineering down to single ketchup packets and pop tabs, which is pretty mind-blowing if you think about it. Anyway, this is probably the class I’m most excited about this semester and can’t wait to get to know all of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha I told you I'd end up being your AI before I graduated! Looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteWow, how random. Your sister is going out with my brother. Now we are in the same class.
ReplyDelete