Monday, January 11, 2010

Josh Roberson


My name is Joshua Roberson, but I go by Josh. I am a junior majoring in Informatics with minors in Business and Sociology. I’m from Martinsville, Indiana and grew up there. If you have been here long at all I’m sure you have an opinion about that town or have heard someone else’s. In my years there it is not as bad as the stigma that lingers in the name, and I try to change opinions when I can. I always wanted to go to IU and am now living that dream. When I first came I had no idea what to major in but I spend a lot of my time on the computer and playing video games so it seemed like a good major. What I live to do though and spend as much time as possible doing is working on and racing cars. No matter the vehicle, car, bike, anything I like to wrench and figure things out. Nothing beats the rush of that work paying off and being pinned in your seat when you mash that throttle either. Most of this passion is concentrated on my 2000 Camaro and looking to make it quicker anyway I can one tenth at a time. I was a little worried about this class when I first signed up, but after the first class I have to say I am a little excited. This is the first Informatics class that really struck at things I like to do and I have a feeling it will be a great semester. From the first class I just got an idea of what design really is and how much design really goes into everything we use. From complex machinery like a car down to something as simple as a post it note.

No comments:

Post a Comment