Monday, February 1, 2010

Blog #3

The system I would use would be: contextual inquiry

Avers Pizza

I looked over the Avers website and I have to say I am honestly impressed. It is beautifully designed with a non complex layout. Although, like everything else, there is still some room for improvement. I would advise sitting and experiencing a college student while they used your website. The reason why I chose this type of learning is because it is economic and feasible to do. Try not to ask too many questions, and do not tell them what to do if they struggle with anything. The struggles that they have are most likely not limited to just them but are shared by many users across your consumers. Take notes and listen to them while they use the sight. Remember, it is not necessarily about what they say, because I say that I am planning on starting an exercise plan tomorrow, but I have been saying that for two years now. Instead, watch what they do. That will be the most revealing insight into how to improve your website. Look for times when they struggle with trying to order food or locate prices. It is by observation that you will see what is really going on. Then you take the insight that you find and you make mock-ups to show customers, and from that feedback you can press on and fix the sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment